Mathodology presents Developing Mathematical Roots in Kindergarten
This three-day workshop focuses on how to create a learning environment that supports all learners while developing core conceptual understanding. Teachers will recognize how mathematical concepts are developed through intentional exploratory activities, playful practice, and opportunities to communicate and reflect on learning. Participants will learn how to assess through observation and questioning techniques that inform classroom decisions.
Three-Days: June 17-19, 2020
Location: Four Points Sheraton Jacksonville Beach, FL
Target Audience: Early Childhood Teachers, Math Coaches, Math Coordinators, Teacher Leaders
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Examine the learning trajectories through four content strands
- Number, Measurement, Geometry, and Operations
2) Implement the Three-Part Lesson Structure
- Explore: Connect the concrete experiences with abstract representations
- Practice: Center activities and games allow students to practice concepts
- Reflect: Journal to help students communicate the mathematics
3) Formulate questions that inspire “math talk” and change the culture of your classroom
4) Develop independent thinkers who are curious about the mathematics in their world
5) Collaborate with teachers just like you at the beach!
For booking rooms, contact the hotel directly and mention the group name MATHODOLOGY to receive the group rate. If the school will be paying for the room and the school qualifies for tax exemption the hotel needs to receive that form prior to checking in. For schools that will need a few rooms, please contact Ofelia Bush direct via email, email@example.com .
If rooms are booked through 3rd party websites the group rate does not apply.
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront for 169.00 USD per night